Our Vision is to be an example of an efficient, high-functioning professional learning community that serves to set the highest standards for our students as well as our faculty and staff.
Our Mission is to ensure the success of ALL students so that they will excel in the future.
We, as educators, consider our role to be the caretakers of society's future. Implicit within our duties is the expectation to make learning relevant and useful, enabling students to participate successfully in our society. We accept this expectation with a great sense of responsibility and dedication.
At Feagin Mill Middle School we believe:
- The provision of a safe and orderly environment is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- The students' acceptance and demonstration of responsibility, including good citizenship and work ethic, are paramount.
- The development and application of problem-solving skills to real life as essential.
- The students' individual needs are best met using a wide variety of pedagogies, including alternative strategies, on-going assessments, and instructional programs.
- The provision of opportunities designed to enhance self-esteem, to encourage self-motivation, and to provide success for all is vital.
- That with high expectations comes high achievement.
Property Purchased: 1984
Facility Constructed: 1996
School Mascot: Wolf
School Colors: Black and Silver
School Motto: Educating Tomorrow's Leaders
School Mission Statement
Our mission at Feagin Mill Middle School is to empower all students with the skills necessary to discover their passion and reach potential excellence.
Other Interesting Facts/ Trivia/ Awards
Feagin Mill has been recognized as a Georgia Lighthouse School.
-Media Program named Exemplary Middle School Media Program in Georgia
-2003 & 2007 Georgia School of Excellence
-2001 #14 Academic Middle School in the State
-1999, 2000, & 2001 #1 Academic Middle School in Central GA Region
School Principal History
Mark Sams: 2019 - Current
Jesse Davis: 2007 - 2019
Paige Reaves: 2001 - 2007
Ron Busbee: 1996 - 2001